What is the first thing that people notice about you while getting introduced for the first time? It is your smile. Yes, your smile is that efficient tool that can open up the heart of a complete stranger and bring them closer to you. Moreover, it is a great pacifier in tensed situations. A warm smile diffuses tension more than anything else. Above everything else, it just makes someone’s day without you even knowing it.
These days, people are more self-conscious than ever in the past. And an increasing number of folks – cutting across age groups and income brackets – are unsatisfied with their smile. They feel they are missing out on employment or business opportunities, connecting socially and in love sphere because of their imperfect smile. Thankfully cosmetic dentistry has the solution to the problem in form of smile improvement treatments.
More on cosmetic dentistry procedures
The overwhelming majority of people appreciate the results of cosmetic dentistry. Nearly 9 out of every 1o people in the UK feel cosmetic dentistry procedures are a fine example of appropriate use of technology. This is indeed a drastically changed perception of the particular branch of dentistry. Even a couple of decades or so ago cosmetic dentistry was nowhere near to this level of popularity.
There are innumerable reasons why the general public prefer this range of treatments. Interestingly, none of the reasons is better than any other. If you are considering any of these treatments for the first time then this blog post can be a helpful guide to show you the right way.
More beautiful and appealing smile
Modern cosmetic dentistry offers life-changing benefits. Its primary objective is to improve your smile. Thanks to improved technology, an orthodontist can achieve this several ways. The procedures include:
- Teeth whitening
- Braces or aligners
- Removable dentures
- Teeth implants
- Inlays and onlays
- Natural-looking, teeth coloured fillings
The results of some of these procedures easily last up to 10 years and more. Teeth implants in particular easily last for the rest of life provided properly cared for. And taking such care does not involve rocket science. Thus cosmetic dentistry is considered worth investing.
Cosmetic dentistry is the best way to reverse the natural ageing process. It smartly covers up many age-related signs and flaws to make you much younger your age. lost teeth resulting from trauma, yellowing of the teeth from excess intake of coffee, tea, tobacco and red wine, chipped teeth resulting from teeth grinding while sleeping easily reveal your age. restoring the teeth to their actual appearance invariably makes you look much younger. When we have our dental flaws corrected, we are obsessed to reveal our white, shiny teeth. This is another massive blessing in disguise. Smiling itself is a great mood booster and makes us look younger and stress-free. As a matter of fact people are considered younger than they actually are when they smile instead of making neutral expression of the face.
Great morale booster
Our physical appearance is one of the primary factors that boost confidence. And when you are confident, it shows itself. People who have already undergone dental cosmetic procedures usually feel like smiling frequently simply because they love to show their teeth. They do not have anything to hide as whatever flaws were there in their teeth have been corrected. Smiling automatically reduces stress and boosts mood. When these two factors are taken care of you automatically become much better version of yourself.
It is common in schools that someone with defects in teeth alignment is bullied by others. This affects the victim’s ability to make friends but also lowers his or her self-esteem. Cosmetic dentistry is the best way to sort out such problems.
Though we should not judge anyone by his or her appearance but is hardly practiced in real life. We – most of the people – react to an individual’s appearance as if the trait is embedded into our brain. Thus, the society assigns positive qualities to people who are attractive. In reality they may not possess those positive qualities and yet the society perceives those qualities in those individuals. To put it in easier words if you are handsome and good-looking people automatically consider you a capable and efficient leader although that may not be the fact at all. This affects ones educational as well as employment opportunities.
Reduced pain and inconvenience
The problem of misaligned teeth – technically called Malocclusion – is known to cause severe pain. The problem asserts lot of undue pressure on the muscles of your jaws. Over a period of time it causes the jaws to ache and pain easily travels up to the temples. Cosmetic dentistry helps resolving the problem to liberate you from pain.
Improved oral health
Cosmetic dentistry is meant to hone your physical appearance but it can also improve your oral as well as general health. For example, if you have undergone teeth whitening procedure you are likely to hesitate to smoke or drink beverages that result in stained teeth. On the other hand, invasive procedures like implants not only improve your smile but also restore your jawbone and gum health.
Popular cosmetic dentistry treatments
- Composite bonding – In this procedure composite resin is shaped and moulded to form a sort of covering jacket on your teeth. It covers up the flaws in the teeth to give you a straighter and whiter smile. The solution is perfectly applicable to gapped, chipped or stained teeth. This is one of the minimally invasive cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Correcting gummy smile – technically it resorts to excessive showcasing of the gingival tissue in the maxilla while smiling. This a major aesthetic concern. There are several ways to resolve it – namely maxillofacial surgery, laser and orthodontic treatments. As the latest approach botulinum toxin treatment is also gaining ground. The neurotoxin works in selected muscles around the mouth, relaxing them to cut down retraction at the time of smiling. The solution easily lasts 4 to 6 months.
- Clear transparent braces or invisalign – orthodontic braces are not only meant for teens and kids any more. Unlike that in the past, a steadily increasing number of adults are enthusiastically getting this treatment. It is ideal for people, cutting across age groups, who want straighter smile but not a mouth full of metallic brackets and wires. However, the solution is not suitable for everyone. Some patients may require the traditional treatment with metallic wires and braces.
- Veneers – teeth whitening products and treatments are not meant for all. For those people the solution to whiter teeth comes through veneers. Porcelain shell is glued over a tooth that is carefully prepared to undergo the procedure. It not only covers up your discoloured tooth or teeth but also wear out enamel coating, misaligned teeth, chipped or cracked tooth and many more. By the way it also smartly covers up uneven space between the teeth.
- Teeth whitening – Is there anyone who does not want whiter teeth? It is the best testimony of sound oral health. Bleaching gels are a reliable and popular approach in this context. Unfortunately, a large number of people prefer the DIY home whitening kit. It is easy to place the order across the virtual web but it is risky. In worse cases the DIY kit can lead to oral infections, gum recession, damage of the nerves of the teeth and ulceration in the mouth. You should get the in-office version of the treatment from a dentist’s office to avoid any accidental foul play. Laser teeth whitening is also raising in popularity these days. It is called power whitening. The teeth are first coated with a bleaching product. Then a laser or light is applied to the teeth to activate the whitening agents in the gel. The procedure offers highly impressive result and hardly lasts an hour.
Patient safety is utmost important
In the coming times dentistry will become more and more popular. Oral health practitioners at Battersea dental care clinic caution in this situation the crucial responsibility of dentists is to keep patients well aware about the safe options to bright and shiny teeth. The focus should be on revealing the untoward effects of certain DIY whitening kits.