The Warehouse Management Systems are designed to perform various activities for managing the daily operations of a warehouse. You can use WMS software as a standalone application though it is an essential part of an ERP system. Actually, WMS or Warehouse Management System is a set of software applications used to manage and control many warehouse operations. Warehouse management solution guides inventory receiving optimizes order picking and shipping of orders on inventory reappearance. Earlier warehouse inventory management systems were designed to provide simple functionalities such as storage location information.
Why WMS Solution is essential for Manufacturing Companies?
Modern WMS systems aimed to provide great functionalities including the best basic activities to pick, pack, and ship products. Its more sophisticated programs can coordinate interactions with material controlling devices and management. The efficient Warehouse Management Software can reduce errors during the shipment operations of products. The software solution enables the warehouse system of a company to rapidly fulfill orders and instantly track ordered products. The WMS solution is a software application to optimize and empower the functionalities of the warehouse and distribution center.
The system facilitates warehouse management to manage and perform their daily activities including planning, organizing, and utilizing available resources. The system provides support to professionals for material storage and movement within the warehouse to improve performance. WMS also gives clear visibility into the inventory of a manufacturing firm at any time and location. The software manages most of the supply chain operations from manufacturing to warehouse storage and distribution. The system often uses the inventory management system or TMS (transportation management system). Following are types of warehouse management systems.
Types of Warehouse Management Systems
WMS software comes in a variety of types and implementation mechanisms but it typically depends on the size and nature of a business. Manufacturers can use WMS as a stand-alone system or ERP system solution for a large enterprise, or supply chain suite with a cloud-based solution.
Standalone WMS Solution
A standalone WMS solution is a traditional on-premise system to deploy on a company’s native hardware and network. This type of WMS uses a third-party standalone package to integrate with your business management solution or ERP system. Most companies implement a standalone Order Management System for a long-term period due to its lowest cost option. MWI is an efficient platform offering the best WMS software solution for various types of firms and companies.
Cloud-Based WMS Implementation
It is a web-based software system solution and uses SaaS (software as a service) model to utilize enterprise-level cloud technology. This solution provides much better scalability, flexibility, security, and disaster recovery options with the Internet connection. The cloud-based solution gives users the ability to receive software updates automatically without more expenses. Cloud-based warehouse management works in a real-time environment and accessible from any device and location.
ERP System for WMS Solution
Some ERP solution providers offer a WMS system that is built into their ERP software solution. It provides embedded EDI, MRP, accounting, sales orders, and shipping management. Our effective WMS solution is designed to configure the specific requirements of an organization or manufacturing firm.
Key Benefits of Warehouse Management System
- The perfect implementation of a WMS solution helps companies to decrease labor costs and enhance inventory accuracy.
- It can also improve flexibility and reduce errors in picking and shipping goods to improve customer satisfaction.
- The efficient Warehouse Control System operates with real-time information to manage activities like receipts, orders, and shipment of goods.
- You can get business-wide traceability, real-time speed, responsiveness, and employee accountability.
- It provides a paperless digital WMS environment through scan guns and barcodes.
- WMS system can reduce labor cost and fulfillment time, increase inventory accuracy, customer service, and warehouse productivity.
- The Order Management Software enables manufacturers to customize workflow and order picking.
- The inventory tracking feature enables advanced tracking systems such as RFID, AIDC, and barcode scanners for better management.
- It ensures order picking and packing of goods including wave picking, zone picking, and batch picking.
- The shipping feature generates packing lists, invoices, advance shipment notifications, and send bills-of-lading ahead of the shipment.
- Warehouse Control Software enables HRM and the labor department to monitor workers and their performance using KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Real-time and accurate reporting features enable managers to analyze the performance and various warehouse operations.