Are you planning to buy a washing machine but are confused over if you should go for a top-loader or a front-loader washer? Both the types have a similar wash method but then what makes them different?
Well, it’s not just the opening hatch that is different between the two but rather other functions and points that you should also consider especially if you plan on buying a new washing machine from an online Electronics store.
It is no secret how washing machines have saved our lives and or rather made the chore of laundry far less tedious. Laundry day isn’t the highlight of anyone’s day but it can become bearable if you can trust the electronics you are using, to not only save your time but also clean your clothes the right way.
Both the type of electronic machines comes with their pros and cons regardless to them being bought in stores or from online electronics stores. Just make sure the online store you decide on is credible and offers quality services.
Below are some pointers for you to consider while deciding between the two:
1. Cleaning performance:
- Front-load washing machines tend to remove more stains and remove spoils from your fabric. It might be due to the tumbling action of the front-loaders that clean the clothes in a much better way than any other counterpart.
- The clothes are knocked together along with getting scrubbed against the abrasive surface of the tub, the tumbling works with gravity and results in even tough stains and grime to be cleaned off the fabric.
- While the front-loaders have the tumbling action to wash the clothes, the top-loaders clean the clothes in a spin cycle. The back and forth agitation of the top-loader makes it a bit harsh on the fabric which is a drawback to consider, while its counterpart is more gentle on the fabric.
- Although they do have a faster cycle time compared to the front load electronics. The top-load keeps the clothes submerged in water, if that is something you are looking for then a top-loader is the choice for you.
You can also search online electronics stores to access which models offer better performance.
2. Comparison in storage capacity:
- Top-loaders while does seem like they could hold a much larger laundry mass, but that is only the case for commercial sizes available, for the washer used at homes the capacity in-depth lessens in comparison to its counterpart.
- The front-loaders are around 8 inches deeper than a top-loader, making their capacity to take more laundry more than top-loaders. This also affects the washing performance, when the tub won’t be filled completely it will tend to clean much better.
The online electronic stores usually offer 24/7 assistance which you can avail and ask them details regarding the tub capacity width and lengthwise.
3. Outlook of the two types:
- The top load has a standard style and look, with different models the dryer either comes attached with the washer or you would have to buy separately.
- The advantage of a front-loader is that it comes with a solution to smaller spaces. You can easily stack the washing machines on top without disturbing any of its functions. For a top-load, this is not possible.
Online electronics stores offer real pictures that you can view to better understand what will suit your space and preference.
4. Ease of use:
- For people with back problems or any backaches, front-loaders can be a challenge loading and unloading. If you don’t have any problem bending down each time then it won’t become a problem for you.
- But if you have a back problem then a front loader is not recommended as it can worsen your condition. While visiting an electronics shop or searching online electronics store, make sure you are considering the height and size that suit you best. The best option for you is to go for a top-loader washing machine so to assist your back as well as make use of it much easier.
5. Repair and maintenance:
- Front-loaders don’t tend to require too much maintenance or repair. But when the need be, then you would have to call in a professional as trying to find the fault in a front-loader can cause further technical problems for you to deal with. Letting a trained technician repair your machine would be your best bet in such a case.
- Top-loaders are easy to repair and maintain on your own as the engine and machine are where you can access and replace them. While that is not the case for front-loaders. It is an easy do-it-yourselfer.
You won’t require much maintenance if you are taking precautionary steps along the way and if the quality of your machine is also durable then too will there be no such concern.
To make sure the machine you are purchasing is of good quality and would not require much work, make sure to buy from credible electronics stores, especially if you plan to stay indoors and place an order in an online electronics store. Be smart in choosing which features you will be needing and which type will suit you best.