If you have a Brother printer, you will be unable to complete the Brother printer setup and will be unable to resolve the Brother printer offline error. So don’t worry, in this article, we’ll go over both problems in detail. A USB cable can be used to connect the printer to a computer, or an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi can be used to connect the printer to a network for brother printer setup. In addition, if you want to fix the brother printer offline issue, go to the start menu and right-click on the brother printer icon. If you see a blue check mark next to the printer offline, you must remove it to fix the brother printer offline issue. If you continue to have issues with either your brother printer offline or your brother printer setup, you can contact our support staff.
Let’s go through simple instructions below for your Brother Wireless Printer Setup
- Switch on both laptop as well as a router.
- Now power on your Brother Printer.
- After switching on Brother Printer, navigate to the menu of your Brother Printer.
- Proceed with Brother Wireless Printer Setup by Going to “Network.” and Clicking on “WLAN”. And, then on “Setup Wizard.
- If you view the message “Network I/F switched to Wireless” in your window, press on enter.
- Now look at your network on the results list and then click “Enter.” Find the encryption type of your network and click “Enter” again.
Require Brother Printer Wifi Setup?
You can attain Brother Printer Wifi setup through wireless Direct. Wireless direct gives you the privilege to connect the printer to your computer or mobile device directly without a Wi-Fi access point/router wherein the printer serves as a Wi-Fi access point.
- Start with confirming the Wireless Direct settings of the printer. Use a Windows PC or Mac to confirm the settings when you connect to a mobile device,
- For Windows PCs
Proceed with Connecting the printer and computer with a USB cable. Initiate the Printer Setting Tool on your computer, and click the Communication settings button. Now Confirm whether Wireless direct is selected for Selected interface in the General tab.
- For Windows PCs
- Now press and hold the (Wi-Fi) button on your printer for one second so that the Wi-Fi function turns on.
If Wi-Function turns on, the WI-Fi indicator starts flashing in blue once every three seconds.
- You can use your computer or mobile device to select the SSID of your printer and enter the password.
- The (Wi-Fi) indicator lights in blue when the connection gets established.
Verify that brother printer is powered on
If your brother printer screen is blank, then the machine may not be powered On. Make sure it is plugged into a wall outlet and turn On the power switches.
Verify that printer is connected to computer
If your brother printer not connecting to pc, try these steps:
- Try connecting the device directly to the computer.
- If you are using a wired connection, make sure Ethernet cable is connected to both printer and router or access point.
- If you are using a wireless connection, print the network configuration page to check the ip address.
Verify that the printer is set up as the default
You need to make sure that the brother printer is connected as a default one.
- Press and Windows and ‘R’ button together to open ‘Run’. Type in ‘Control’ and press enter key.
- Click on ‘Hardware and ‘sound’ and select ‘Drivers and Printers’
- Make sure that the icon of the brother printer is checked.
Check the status of the printer in Drivers and Printers
If the status is paused-
- Right click on the icon of Brother printer and chose what’s printing, Use printer offline.
- If you see that Use Printer Offline is greyed out, select ‘Open as Administrator’ and type the password.
If none of these tips resolve the issue then, don’t panic as our technicians can help you with it. You can call them and ask how do I get my brother printer back online windows 10 and they will help you with it.