Nag Tibba is the highest peak in the lower chain of mountains of Garhwal close to Mussoorie at an evaluation of 3,048 meters. The word Nag Tibba means “Serpent’s peak”. It is one of the three principal ranges of the lesser Himalayas which integrates Dhauladhar and also the Pir panjal. It’s one among the best treks for the adventure enthusiasts everywhere the world and also the camping can be the extra essence of this trip along with your family and friends. Uttarakhand is called ‘Dev Bhumi’- thus once you reach at the highest of the hill, there’s a little temple where you can have a stupendous view of the entire site. Within the night underneath the sky and gazing at the twinkling stars will sure live over the instant. Thrill yourself with this pleasant experience! It was the best place in india for new trekkers to explore in uttarakhand,india.
Important things to know:
2. The maximum altitude is 9,910 ft.
3. Dehradun railway station is the nearest railway station.
4. Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport.
5. Nag Tibba trek distance is 15 km.
Where can you visit during this trip?
1. Mussoorie – The Queen of Hills – Mussoorie is one of the famous hills station of India which is just 35 km from Dehradun. It is popularly known for its lush greenery, hills, wonderful weather, and the mesmerizing view of the Doon Valleys which attracts thousands of tourists throughout the year from all over the World.
2. Dhanaulti – It is a beautiful hill station situated in the foothills of Garhwal Himalayas which is just 25 km from Mussoorie Hillstation. It is way far from the crowds, busy roads and pollution. The green surrounding all around and the spectacular view of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks, make Dhanaulti an enticing getaway for tourists.
3. Kanatal – A small village which is now popular as the best weekend getaway near Delhi. The village is 40 km from Mussoorie and 12 km from Chamba town. It has the jaw-dropping views of Sunrise and sunset, picnic and camping spots, Himalayan view, peaceful environment.
How long is Nag Tibba Trek?
The total distance covered during the Nag Tibba trek is about 16 km over 2 days. This means that you’ll be covering an average of 8 km over 6 hours on both days.
You will be surprised that hoe time flies by on the trail to see the picturesque views.
How to get there?
By Road – If you travel by bus or cab it will take approx 6 to 7 hours to reach Dehradun.
By Rail – Rail facilities are also available from Delhi to Dehradun on a daily and alternate basis.
By Air – If you want to take air experience or want to reduce time then this is the best option for you. It takes 45-60 min to get to Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun.
Safety and Travel Tips:
1. Track pants are necessary.
2. Sports shoes should be added.
3. T-shirts and shorts for rafting is recommended.
4. First aid kit.
5. For change dry clothes and towel.
6. Personal toiletries and medications if necessary.
7. Flash light.
8. Sunglasses and sunscreen lotion.
9. Extra polythene bags and a whistle.
Amateurs searching for a colder time of year journey in North India have restricted choices as the Himalayas in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh accommodate the best of such freedoms, however a great deal of the trips stay shut during the winters. Not the Nag Tibba Trek however! The best an ideal opportunity to attempt the trip to Nag Tibba is in the late spring season, from April to June, or the colder time of year season, from October to December. It is ideal to abstain from undertaking the journey during the rainstorm season, particularly without a specialist manage, as the precipitation can hose your experience and makes the way elusive and risky. Make a point to get bunches of pictures clicked with your co-voyagers, as you will wind up shaping a critical bond with them over the journey! Nag Tibba is the best to hunt pleasure in daring activities. Every and step of this activity is bestowed with colossal views associated makes it an amazing experience for all the travelers.